Oil Pulling: My One-Year Journey to Whiter Teeth, Fresher Breath, and Healthier Gums | Joanna L

Devi ShivaShanmi
0

One year of oil pulling: Joanna L shares her experience

 

Oil Pulling: My One-Year Journey to Whiter Teeth, Fresher Breath, and Healthier Gums | Joanna L
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that involves swishing oil in your mouth for around 15 minutes to remove toxins and bacteria. The practice has been gaining popularity over the years, with claims of it solving oral and dental-related issues, such as bad breath, gum disease, and yellow teeth. However, there are also medical professionals who dispute these claims, citing a lack of scientific evidence. In this article, Joanna shares her one-year experience with oil pulling, including the benefits and drawbacks, as well as the different types of oils you can use.



What is Oil Pulling?


Oil pulling is an ancient Indian practice that involves swishing oil in your mouth for about 15 minutes. The oil acts as a natural mouthwash, pulling out toxins and bacteria from your mouth and leaving you with a cleaner, healthier mouth. The practice is believed to have originated in Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian system of medicine that has been used for thousands of years to promote holistic health.


Types of Oils


One of the best things about oil pulling is that you can use a wide range of oils to achieve the desired effect. Coconut oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, and olive oil are some of the most popular options. It's essential to use organic, cold-pressed, and unrefined oil to ensure maximum effectiveness. You can easily find these oils in your local grocery store or online.


Benefits of Oil Pulling


There are many claims about the benefits of oil pulling, including solving oral and dental-related issues such as bad breath, gum disease, and yellow teeth. However, medical professionals dispute these claims, citing a lack of scientific evidence to support them.


My One Year Experience with Oil Pulling


In the short term, I found that oil pulling helped with tooth and gum aches. However, I used to do it as a one-off thing and take breaks for weeks or months. In early 2020, I started to commit to oil pulling and did it every morning for about 10-20 minutes, depending on how much time I had in the morning.


My teeth got whiter

The first benefit that I noticed was that my teeth got whiter. I had never done professional teeth whitening or used any white strips before, and my teeth were a little yellow with some stains. After doing oil pulling consistently for over a year, I have noticed that my teeth are whiter and have fewer stains.


Keep Gums Healthy and No Bad Breath 

Another benefit of oil pulling is that it keeps your gums healthy. During my last check-up with my dentist, he said that my gums were in good condition. I also noticed that my breath had become fresher. I used to suffer from morning breath, but after doing oil pulling consistently, my breath no longer smells bad in the morning.


Reduces Gum Inflammation

Lastly, oil pulling reduces inflammation. I used to get weird gum aches or tooth aches due to inflammation. My dentist would tell me that there was nothing we could do about it. However, after consistently doing oil pulling in the mornings, I have not experienced any sort of inflammatory-related pain.


View more in the VIDEO

Oil Pulling Myths


There are many myths surrounding oil pulling, such as it can solve headaches or skin-related issues such as acne or eczema. However, I did not find that oil pulling had any effect on my headaches or acne.


Final Words

My one-year experience with oil pulling has been a positive one. I have noticed several benefits, including whiter teeth, healthier gums, fresher breath, and reduced inflammation. While some medical professionals dispute the effectiveness of oil pulling, it is worth trying if you are looking for a natural way to improve your oral health. Remember to use organic, cold-pressed, and unrefined oil for the best results.

PDF File

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)